Best winerys of the peninsula
The Peljesac peninsula has long been renowned for its excellent wines and stunning vineyards. On this hedonistic trip you’ll have the chance to visit three of the very best winerys of the peninsula.
Departing in the morning from Korcula Island we start the day with a 20 minute private boat cruise from our home base in Lumbarda village. We then head across to Orebic on the Peljesac for a tour of the Korta Katarina winery – a wine lover’s dream come true. Located in the small coastal town of Orebic, Korta Katarina is the oldest winery of its kind in southern Croatia. The KK winery, wine bar, Villa Katarina (with a grand opening coming in May 2018) and vineyards are perched on the edge of the crystal clear Adriatic Sea and provide breathtaking views across Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast. Considered one of the most stunning coastlines in the world, the Dalmatian Coast’s Dingac and Postup regions (part of the Peljesac Peninsula) and the region of Cara (on Korcula island) provide world-class conditions for producing Korta Katarina’s award winning wines.
After wine tasting and a break sampling delicious fresh Dalmatian cold cuts, we take to the road in our premium mercedes benz van heading towards the next delight on the list: the fantastic Matusko Winery. Many taverns and wine cellars open their doors to visitors, but it’s hard to beat the level of expertise, passion and sheer quality on offer here. Originally a small wine-tasting cellar seldom visited by tourists, Matusko has now developed into one of the largest and best known Croatian wine-tasting destinations, exhibiting its quality produce at wine and tourist fairs far and wide.
Last but not the least, is the world famous Grgic Hills Winery in the lovely village of Trstenik. Grgić Vina was established in 1996 by the legendary Napa Valley winemaker, Croatian-born Miljenko “Mike” Grgich, along with his daughter, Violet Grgić. Dedicated to the art of wine making, Mike seeks to produce only the finest wines from native Dalmatian grapes and concentrates on crafting two of Croatia’s very best varieties: Plavac Mali (red wine) and Pošip (white wine). The winery is located in Trstenik on the Peljesac peninsula and boasts a spectacular view over the Mediterranean Sea.
Following our whirlwind winery tour, we depart via yacht and head towards a well-kept secret seafront restaurant near Loviste village to sample the best oysters in the region.
– Transfer from your hotels via premium Mercedes Benz Van to the private boat pier for crossing to Peljesac peninsula 10:30-11:00
– Scenic drive to Trstenik Village and Grgic Winery 11:00-11:45
– Visit to the famous Grgic Hills Winery for wine tasting 11:45-12:15
– Drive to Matusko Winery in Potomje Villiage on Peljesac peninsula 12:15-13:00
– Wine tasting and cheese selection sampling at Matusko Winery 13:00-13:20
– Drive to Korta Katarina Winery in Orebic 13:20-14:00
– Korta Katarina Wine tasting 14:00-15:00
– An exquisite meal of fresh oysters and mussels at Extravaganza Restaurant in Loviste * 15:00-15:30
– Return private transfer with boat to Korcula harbor and your respective hotels
*Please let us know in advance if you have an specific dietary requirements